October 11, 2016

Inside the EO: Kathy Gerlach

What is your name?
Kathy Gerlach

Where are you originally from?
Bridgeview, IL

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there?
Purdue University – Delta Mu

What was your major in college?
Business major with a minor in Computer Science

What was your plan post-graduation? 
My plan was to work in the IT field. I started my career at Ford Motor Company in Detroit, MI, as a programmer/analyst. I received my MBA in Finance from the University of Detroit Mercy.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity?
I had been at home raising my 2 daughters for the last 10 years. As I thought about what the next phase of life would look like for me, I considered going back to work or looking for a volunteer opportunity I could be passionate about. 

What is your job title? 
Coordinator of Alumnae Chapter Development

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi?
I have been working for Alpha Phi for 3 weeks.

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member?
My favorite memories are of the late nights hanging out with my sisters in the Delta Mu house.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office?
I like working at the Executive Office because I am learning so much about Alpha Phi. I also love that every day we are making a difference in young women’s lives.

What are some of your goals for the next few years?
My goals are to transition back into the working world, and continue with my volunteer positions in my Alpha Phi alumnae group as well as the Panhellenic alumnae group. 

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members?
Have goals for post graduation, not just “get a job." If there is a graduate degree you want to pursue, a place you want to live or a company you want to work for - set goals for achieving those things.

No comments: