January 22, 2016

Inside the EO: Katie Madden

What is your name? Katie Madden

Where are you originally from? Pelham, NH, but currently residing in Boston

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there? Syracuse/Alpha

What was your major in college? Communication Sciences and Disorders

What was your plan post-graduation? My senior year of college I had a scary realization that I did not want to work in my degree field (sorry mom and dad!). I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I knew I loved Alpha Phi and my involvement as an undergrad, so I applied to be an ELC. I traveled as an ELC for the 2013-2014 year and loved it! After my term as an ELC, I worked as a Corporate Recruiter for almost two years until my return to Alpha Phi. 

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? After working as an ELC, I began volunteering at a few collegiate chapters in my free time. Ultimately, I realized my passion was in the higher education space, specifically with Greek organizations. This position will allow me to work with new chapters in a variety of areas. 

What is your job title? Program Manager of New Chapter Development

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? I worked as an ELC during the 2013-2014 academic year, and returned in January 2016

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? There are so many to choose from! I'd say, the friendships and memories formed with my ELC team. They are my best friends! Also, working closely with our young Creighton chapter as an ELC and watching their growth and success was amazing. 

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office/What drew you to work at the Executive Office? The people! While I will be primarily working remote from Boston, I love visiting the EO and catching up with the local staff. 

What are some of your goals for the next few years? Visit every state (only 14 to go!), develop in my career at Alpha Phi, create a lasting, positive impression on new chapters, find a new hobby

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Enjoy every second and get as involved as possible! After graduation, join alumnae groups and volunteer! Working with a collegiate chapter as a volunteer is incredibly fulfilling and worth every second. 

No comments: