January 27, 2016

Inside the EO: Kaeley Jones

What is your name? Kaeley Jones

Where are you originally from? I was actually born in Miami but my family moved to Ocala, Florida when I was in Elementary school.

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there? Florida State – Gamma Phi

What was your major in college? Retail Merchandising and Product Development with a minor in Business

What was your plan post-graduation? During my senior year I knew post graduation I had a job as an ELC, but afterward I wanted to find a career in marketing or buying.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I have always been very involved in Alpha Phi, having already worked for Alpha Phi once I knew I would someday want to return. After seeing a position open in the Extension department I knew this was my opportunity!

What is your job title? Program Coordinator of Collegiate Extension

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? I traveled as an ELC from 2012-2013, and now have been in my new position since January 2016.

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? My favorite memory was FSU’s first formal recruitment. Seeing the success of the chapter and how much we had grown in just a year was such a rewarding experience.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office/What drew you to work at the Executive Office? I love being able to use my personal experience as a charter member and my ELC experience, working with our newest chapters and colonies to help them be successful.

What are some of your goals for the next few years? Professionally I want to network with even more volunteers and collegians and provide support for our newest chapters. Personally, I really want to train for a half marathon… even though I am not a runner at all!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Enjoy college and live in the moment! You are only in college once so make great memories you won’t forget. Seniors, don’t try and hurry through senior year just to get to the real world. It will come, but enjoy the rest of college while you can.


No comments: