July 31, 2015

Inside the EO: Kristen Douglass

What is your name? Kristen Douglass

Where are you originally from? Orono, Maine

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there? I attended the University of Maine and I was a member of the Delta Nu chapter.

What was your major in college? I received a degree in New Media and minored in Studio Art and Graphic Design.

What was your plan post-graduation? My senior year of college I started my own media production company with a friend of mine, so my plan was, and still is, to continue to run my business and have a career in the marketing world.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I decided to work for Alpha Phi because a position opened that fit the field I wanted to go into (marketing.) Having the opportunity to work in this field, as well as for the Fraternity that I am so passionate about seemed like the perfect fit for my future.

What is your job title? Program Coordinator of Marketing and Communications. 

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? I started this position in July 2015. 

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? My favorite Alpha Phi memory would have to be attending the Fellows Program as a part of the inaugural class. I’ve always loved traveling for Alpha Phi whether it was for a leadership conference, ELI or Fellows. Having the opportunity to represent my chapter on a national level is a very rewarding experience.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office/What drew you to work at the Executive Office? I love the environment and the people I work with, it’s so much fun being able to use my degree and continue to contribute to Alpha Phi. 

What are some of your goals for the next few years? I hope to grow my business, travel, read more books and try new food. I’m excited about having the opportunity to live in a city like Chicago because there is so much to do!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Involve yourself as much as possible, whether it’s running for positions in your chapter or applying to go to ELI or the Fellows Program. Four years go by so quickly and you’ll want to take advantage of all of the opportunities Alpha Phi can provide for you as a collegiate! Plus who doesn’t like meeting sisters from across the nation? Some of my closest Alpha Phi sisters were members in chapters all the way across the country. 

No comments: