March 16, 2015

On the Road: Who Really are the ELCs?

You'll notice a general trend when reading the “On the Road” blog posts by the ELCs over the past few years – almost every single one of them mentions working with their beloved ELC Team. This is because each ELC Team forms a special bond when doing this unique job together. As our contract comes to an end, we'll only have been physically together for a total of 29 days in 9 months, but we've still become like family.


It's easy enough to read basic information about us if you go to the “Meet the ELCs” section on alphaphi.org, but I wish that each and every Alpha Phi got a chance to actually meet the wonderful people I work with. You may have been in a chapter with one of the ELCs, seen them lead a presentation at Leadership Conference, or received a chapter visit from one of them. As individuals, we can only visit so many chapters, so I wanted to give you a glimpse of what those bios don't tell you.

Anita, Erin, Hillary and Lissette will give you a run for your money in any fun situation! A big group of us took a trip during our winter break and with them leading the pack, there was no way we could not have had an awesome time. Looks like it's time to start planning trip #2!

Meg, Tasha and Gina are some of the most passionate women I have had the chance to work with... on top of being hilariously quirky and a great time to be around! They have put so much effort into their chapters this semester and I'm so proud of their hard work.

Megan and Tripi have exceeded everyone's expectations recolonizing Iowa State's chapter this past year and have been an amazing team! How could I not put them together? For Halloween, a pair of members told Megan and Tripi that they wanted to dress as them for the night. If that doesn't describe a dynamic best friend duo to you, then I don't know what will.

Calley, Mia and Scottie are some of the most hilarious, down for anything people I have ever met! Their energy and positivity is completely contagious and I always know who I should FaceTime when I've had a long day packed full of airports, meetings, conference calls and need a pick-me-up.

Brie, Emily, Katie and Nikki act like the mama bears of our group, but don't let that fool you. They're all so knowledgeable and helpful, and being on the road wouldn't be the same without them and their love for Alpha Phi. They’re the best mentors any of us could ask for!

Although it’s brief, I hope this gives you a little glance at what my amazing ELC team is like. I am so thankful that this job brought us together. They’re all passionate, hilarious, intelligent, determined and truly indescribable – I hope each and every one of you has a chance to meet these wonderful leaders at some point during your long and lasting Alpha Phi journey.

Mindi Grewell (Iota Nu-Kentucky) is a first year educational leadership consultant. Learn more about Mindi by clicking here.

No comments: