July 21, 2014

Inside the EO: Crista Kieffer

Name: Crista Kieffer

Hometown: Born and raised in Abington, Penn., right outside Philadelphia.

College/Chapter: Gamma Rho-Penn State (Go Nittany Lions!)

What was your major? I majored in Risk Management-Real Estate with a minor in International Business.

What was your plan post-graduation? I knew I wanted to do something in Real Estate. I wasn’t sure if it would be residential or commercial though. I was looking into different options and certifications I could get, but then I saw this opportunity with Alpha Phi and knew it was a perfect fit!

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? The job description was ideal for me. Alpha Phi has given me so many opportunities, whether it was meeting my best friends in college, attending different social events, serving on my chapter’s executive board, or being selected to attend ELI, I just knew I wanted to give back and be a part of Alpha Phi’s growth. 

What is your job title? Program Manager of Collegiate Housing Services

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? Since July 7, 2014.

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna or staff member? I have such amazing memories of Alpha Phi. My favorite would have to be attending ELI.It was such a wonderful experience and I got to meet the most amazing Alpha Phis-collegians and alumnae. I learned so much about myself and definitely became a better Alpha Phi. I highly suggest collegians to apply and hopefully have the opportunity to attend!

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office/What drew you to work at the Executive Office? I love the people I work with. From the start, I always felt welcomed and it is such a great environment. I wanted to use my Real Estate experience and education for a great cause. 

What are some of your goals for the next few years? My first goal is to get settled into my new apartment. I also want to be able to explore Chicago. I have only been here twice before, so I want to see the sights and get to know the city better. I also am excited to travel to different campuses to see all the Alpha Phi chapter houses. 

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Enjoy your time in college; it goes so fast! Treasure all the moments with your sisters. Take advantage of all the opportunities Alpha Phi offers. You will learn so much about yourself that will carry into the real world.

No comments: