March 26, 2014

Inside the EO: Emma Donatille

Name: Emma Donatille

Hometown: I was born in Boston and lived in Norfolk, MA until 4th grade, then moved to Chagrin Falls, OH until junior year of high school when my family moved to St. Charles, IL. I also have spent a large amount of my life in Chautauqua, NY.

College/chapter: I attended Drake University where I joined the Gamma Omicron chapter

What was your major in college? Advertising Account Management and my minor was in marketing.

What was your plan post-graduation? Did you pursue a graduate degree post-graduation? I attended Northern Illinois University and earned my Master of Science in Education in Adult and Higher Education – Student Affairs. 

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I was working at a college as the Greek Life Coordinator overseeing the entire fraternity and sorority community and their facilities for the last two years. When the position at Alpha Phi opened up I jumped at the opportunity to combine my knowledge of fraternities and sororities, my degree in adult and higher education with my love of Alpha Phi!

What is your job title? Program Manager of Alumnae Chapter Development

When did you start in your current position? March 5, 2014

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? I have many fond memories from my time at Drake with Alpha Phi and have friendships that last a lifetime. Some experiences that have stuck with me through are going to national conferences such as the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors or Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values and having meals with Alpha Phi sisters from all around the country. It is amazing to see that the bonds of sisterhood span generations, universities and experiences.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office or what are you most looking forward to? I look forward to helping the alumnae chapters grow. I think it is important to help women stay involved with Alpha Phi after they graduate from college. Joining Alpha Phi is a lifetime commitment so we need to help women get involved and stay involved!

What are some of your goals for the next few years? I would like to work on alumnae involvement and retention of members with the alumnae chapters. I would also like to streamline some of the alumnae chapter processes such as rosters!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? To live in the moment and enjoy your Alpha Phi experience! Especially for those seniors who will be graduating soon, I know that I couldn’t wait to graduate and enter the real world but now I would do anything go to back to my time in college and at Alpha Phi. I also recommend staying in touch with your friends immediately following graduation; don’t let any time pass in that first email, text, phone call or get together because all of a sudden real life hits and it is hard to stay in contact! 

No comments: