June 19, 2013

Inside the EO: Fresh Faces Series




  1. What is your name?  Jennifer Hutchinson-Frobish  (Feel free to call me Jennifer, Frobish, or Mama Fro, some of you already do).
  2. Where are you originally from?  Well, I was raised in Alabama when I was younger, but I have now lived in Illinois for most of my life. I currently live in Bloomington, IL
  3. Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there?  Northern Illinois University – Epsilon Delta Chapter
  4. What was your major in college?  Organizational/Corporate Communications with a Journalism minor
  5. What was your plan post-graduation? My original plan was to work for a sports organization, handling their press and media matters, but then I met a cute boy and got involved in higher education so my path changed.  After NIU, I attended Illinois State University and earned a Masters of Science in Education through their College Student Personnel Administration program.  My career has been in higher education ever since.
  6. Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity?  Because I just can’t get enough of Alpha Phi!  I’ve long said that my day job pays the bills and my volunteer life pays my heart.  Now I can live both and give back to the organization that has given me so much.
  7. What is your job title? Program Manager for Volunteer Development
  8. When did you start in your current position?  June 2013
  9. What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member?  I had the pleasure of attending ELI in 2008 as a Silver Circle Facilitator.  Denise Reens is the staff member responsible for that program, and during the program, we do a Ritual review, and it’s AMAZING.  Well, Denise founded my chapter at NIU so I was able to stand next to her and say the Oath and sing songs, and it was the most amazing moment because without her, I wouldn’t have been an Alpha Phi.
  10. What do you like best about working at the Executive Office or what are you most looking forward to?  I am looking forward to making an impact on the Fraternity’s volunteer world on a larger level than what I’ve been able to do so far.  Volunteer life has been amazing for me, and I have learned so much so now it’s nice to take that experience and pay it forward for others.
  11. What are some of your goals for the next few years?  Establish a solid on-boarding process for all volunteers that provides a consistent starting point, training process, and knowledge base . . . create a strong, personal recognition program for volunteers that is year-round . . . recruit volunteers at a younger age and make volunteer life just part of the culture for all.

No comments: