June 25, 2013

Inside the EO: Fresh Faces

What is your name? Stephanie Spence

Where are you originally from? I’m from Northern-ish Virginia, a small town in Fauquier County called Sumerduck. I lived in Hampton Roads, Virginia for six years and just moved to Chicago on June 1st!

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there? My alma mater is Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia. I initiated into the Theta Phi chapter in 2008.

What was your major in college? I was a Communications major with a minor in Leadership.

What was your plan post-graduation? After graduation I worked for a bi-coastal event planner in Virginia Beach, Virginia and at a boutique hotel in Williamsburg, Virginia in the Sales and Catering department.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I have always aspired to work for Alpha Phi. This position combined all of the skills and passions I have into my dream job, so I was very excited and honored to accept it.

What is your job title? I am the new Program Coordinator, Marketing and Event Planning so I will be working in the Extension department with the colonization of our new chapters and helping plan leadership conferences and conventions!

When did you start in your current position? June 3rd, 2013

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member?
It is so hard to choose between memories of gardenia family nights at CNU, executive council meetings with my ODU ladies and random leadership conference moments. If I had to choose one defining Alpha Phi moment, it would be from the Alpha Phi alumnae reunion and homecoming celebration at CNU last fall. “Faces may change but the legacy continues!”

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office or what are you most looking forward to? I love the collaboration that takes place here in order to best serve our collegiate and alumnae chapters. It really feels like a team. I’m looking forward to visiting some of our extension chapters and gearing up for leadership conferences!

What are some of your goals for the next few years? My first goal is to finish decorating my new apartment and learn my way around Chicago! My others are to keep in touch with family and friends in Virginia; have amazing colonizations at LSU and Ole Miss; coordinate successful leadership conferences; and learn as much as possible about Alpha Phi and ways in which I can be of help to the rest of the team!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Sporadically call sisters you don’t normally talk to and ask them how they’re doing. You’ll be surprised with how much it will mean to them- and you.

No comments: