May 6, 2013

Wedding Planning: How I Give Back to Alpha Phi



When I started my wedding and event planning company Elegant Affairs, I knew that I wanted to give back to Alpha Phi in some way. It was Alpha Phi that helped me get my feet wet by planning different events for our chapter and for the Greek community.

It if weren’t for Alpha Phi, I don’t believe that my company would be as successful has it has been. For the past two years, I have been named Best Wedding Planner from King 5 Evening Magazine, thanks in large part to all my Alpha Phi voters.

To date, I have coordinated nine Alpha Phi weddings (from four different chapters) with two more Alpha Phi weddings this summer. To help me with all of my events is the amazing support from my staff that nearly all have been Alpha Phi members. My first assistant was an Alpha Phi from the Gamma Zeta Chapter (University of Puget Sound) when I was still the chapter advisor. I knew that if I wanted the best, then an Alpha Phi was the only way to go. After that first summer, I began talking with chapters from our region about the opportunity then it just took off. To date, I have had eight Alpha Phis serve as wedding day assistants. This summer, I have six more to add to the list.

By hiring Alpha Phis to not only work for me, they are representing my company in the best light. In addition to these women working various weddings & events, they gain so much. I mentor these women on life after college. It’s truly a worthwhile opportunity for me to connect with these women on a different level. My goal for all my assistants after spending a summer with me is that they come out educated, prepared for a future career if that happens to be in this line of work. The best part? I have not only gained a new friend, but another sister!

Lori Losee is a 2001 graduate of the Beta Rho chapter at Washington State University. She was a Journalism major and now owns Elegant Affairs, a wedding and event planning company in Puyallup, Washington. She married her college sweetheart (member of Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity) and has two sons - Grant and Jackson.

No comments: