April 16, 2010

Alpha Phi Staff Profile: Stefania Rudd

Stefania Rudd
Theta Rho/Cameron University

Alpha Phi Fraternity: Manager of Resources and Training Initiatives, almost 3 years (in June)



Where do you work? In Evanston, IL at the Executive Office (come visit!)

What does your job entail? I primarily focus on the Leadership Initiative which has two components: Chapter Based Instruction (CBI) and the Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI). I also work with chapters on programming specifically the new member program, scholarship, alcohol education, and Ritual/ceremonies.

Why do you like working for Alpha Phi? I am a big Alpha Phi nerd, so to be able to do what I do for an organization I love is great. It is also a way for me to utilize my higher education background while not being at a university. And of course, the wonderful people that I work with here at the office, alumnae volunteers, and the collegiate members make this job worthwhile. It’s all about the relationships.

What is your favorite Alpha Phi memory? I have so many! But in recent years it would have to be the ELI program. I have met so many phenomenal women and I really feel the Fraternity is in good hands.

What is your Alpha Phi legacy? I have a few that I can think of, but ultimately I follow the philosophy of leaving something better than I found it. Time will tell what my legacy is. But I have a feeling even when I enter the Silent Chapter I’ll be put to work doing something and I’ll gladly do it.

What is the future of Alpha Phi? It’s membership. As we continue to grow in numbers many more people will be in contact with Alpha Phis. How we behave through our actions and words will determine what is thought of us as a whole. We are all in this together and we need to strive to be the best possible women, not only to each other, but to others. This responsibility falls on the newest member to the oldest alumna.

Family: Both of my parents (Willie and Renata) are still in my hometown (Lawton, Ok). I have an older sister, Kathy (who is also an Alpha Phi and a charter member of Theta Rho) and she lives in Austin, TX with her husband, Brian. I have a younger brother, Michael, who lives in Los Angeles, CA. All of my extended family is in Northern Italy. I also consider my friends my family and I have been blessed to have so many wonderfully fabulous people in my life.

Hobbies: Music (http://meltyourfaceoff.blogspot.com/), food, and comedy. My spare time can be boiled down into one of those three categories.

Interesting fact about yourself: I am currently working a wedding sketch show with a fellow Alpha Phi, Jo Meyers, called “Better Off Wed”: http://betteroffwedshow.com/

Complied by: Lori Losee (Beta Rho/Washington State University)

No comments: