February 5, 2010

On the Road



Emily Bunch (Theta Iota-James Madison)
Second Year ELC



Before I started this job I submitted the fact that no one knows I secretly love to read. Spending the last few months on the road has brought back my love of literature, classic and contemporary. I originally fell in love with classic literature during AP English my senior year of High School, since then I have not had the opportunity to read for pleasure. With all of the time on airplanes and sitting in airports I have been able to catch up on some of the novels I’ve been putting off. My high school English teacher always gave me recommendations to read and I continued to add to the list throughout college. I have now had the opportunity to check quite a few off the list.

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

Cocktails for Three and The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham

Confessions of a Shopaholic , Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister and Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Goat: A Memoir by Brad Land

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards

The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls

While not every book I read was lighthearted, educational, or inspirational, I have enjoyed reading each and every one.

No comments: