April 20, 2009

When I joined Alpha Phi in the fall of 1992 as a sophomore I never could have imagined that I would be in my current role. I had a great time as an undergraduate member of the Theta Gamma chapter at Northeast Missouri State and am excited by the opportunities I have been given as an alumnae volunteer.

I did not originally stay involved when I graduated but 5 years later I decided I wanted to find an activity to take up some of my free time. While my volunteer roles have expanded (and multiplied) over the past 10 years I still get the most reward from working directly with our collegiate chapter members.

When people ask me why I volunteer for Alpha Phi I say it is a way for me to stay connected to an organization that has given me so much. As an undergrad Alpha Phi gave me a place to call home and a group of friends that were always there for studying, partying, and just hanging out. As an alumnae Alpha Phi had given me the opportunity to meet so many amazing women that I am fortunate to call my sisters, travel to exciting locations and lots of laughter.

Some of my favorite Alpha Phi times have been at regional conferences (Chicago in February) and conventions (much better weather). These events give me time to reconnect with other volunteers and meet lots of great collegiate officers.

Alpha Phi has truly become an lifetime commitment for me :)

Jaime Ryberg
NCMW Regional Manger

Regional Team at the NCMW Regional Conference

April 19-25 is National Volunteer Week! All week, Alpha Phi will be celebrating our volunteers and all that they do for Alpha Phi.

Be sure to send a thank you to the Alpha Phi volunteers in your life!



No comments: