February 19, 2009


If you had asked me five years ago as a senior in high school where I would be at the end of college I definitely wouldn’t have answered that I would be working professionally for a sorority. In high school sororities didn’t really interest me and I didn’t even know they existed at the schools I applied to. Thanks to my roommate and best friend who asked me to rush with her I would not have been able to experience such a powerful network of women.

This has by far been the most significant experience of my life. I never imagined that I would gain so many skills and learn so many new things in such a short year. I am so grateful to have had such a wonderful experience. I have met so many incredible chapter women and volunteers on the road. I am also lucky to have nine other ELC’s to lean on in tough times and share memorable experiences with. Every time I leave a chapter I am reminded of how empowering our organization truly is, how lucky I am to be a part of it, and how many amazing women we have in Alpha Phi.

By the time I am finished I will have visited 22 chapters and have met over 2500 women. I have received approximately 35 new t-shirts and memories that will last a lifetime. I have so much that I will be bringing
back with me to Canada on April 1st when I am finished. I will remember my experience fondly and will continue to volunteer until I am no longer able.

We are all so lucky to be part of Alpha Phi. We have a strong International sisterhood that allows us to help each other internationally.

No comments: